Objective: Galax City Council entered into the Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) resolution, Galax City Council also approved the Galax Public Arts Committee to install benches. The Galax Public Arts Committee expects to decide on the type and material of benches and procure a vendor to produce them this fiscal year. The benches are used by our citizens and our visitors. The benches are a great aid to encourage walking and to enhance the use of connected walkways by seniors, families, and people with disabilities. Naming rights were available to purchase in order to raise funds for Galax Public Art and CCSA.
Artist: Becky Guynn
1. Library- To the left of the front entrance NAMEDGVFD- Replace Existing Bench
- At the parking lot on Oldtown Street outside of the Woodworking Studio (between the 2 entrances to the parking lot) NAMED
- At the New River Trail trailhead – Sketch Provided. To the left of the caboose to include relocating both fiddle and wayfarer sign. MOU with DCR (Department of Conservation and Recreation NAMED
- At the Public Safety Building
- At the Farmers’ Market- Facing Street
- Replace the bench outside of the Smokehouse- Facing Street NAMED
- On Main Street between Oldtown and Bartlett streets, outside of the wall with the vault next to Farmers Branch- Facing Street
- Outside of Felts Park near the pool, near Becky’s Fiddle- Facing the Street
- 10. Recreation Center- to the left of wayfarer sign.
0 comments on “Galax Bench Project”